usinesses resort to different methodologies for marketing and promoting its brand to draw the attention of the customers, generate sales, and garner better ROI. The client might be the best in utilizing marketing tools like SEO, AdWords, email marketing, etc., but there is one vital thing that they might overlook and fall short of capitalizing - the landing page.
What is a landing page?
The creation of a landing page enables converting visitors into customers. A landing page is different from a homepage. Unlike homepage, the landing page does not have any links through which visitors can navigate to any other page.
Earlier landing pages were built just like any other homepage that had much information. But with time landing pages have evolved and are specifically created to encourage the visitors to either buy a product/ service or sign up for an email by filling a lead-capture form, where the visitors can enter their details.
It is designed to achieve the goal of a call to action (CTA). A visitor gets redirected to a landing page after he/she clicks on a link in an email, or clicks an ad on social media platforms, or other websites.
Landing Page Vs Homepage
The functioning of both the landing page and homepage are quite similar. The primary purpose of both of them are to direct traffic. However, landing pages are designed for specific purposes.
For example, an e-commerce company might offer an array of products. When we speak of the homepage in this context, it will highlight all the offerings of the company. Contrary to that, a landing page will focus only on a particular product.
Moreover, a homepage addresses the audience that visits the page. On the other hand, landing pages are created for engaging only a particular set of audience who might be interested in the product or service. This increases the probability of the customer buying the product.
What makes the landing page so crucial?
One of the biggest mistakes that the company could do is directing all its traffic to its homepage. When targeted traffic are sent to a targeted landing page, the probability of transforming that traffic to lead increases.
It is crucial to identify the action you expect a visitor to take when they reach the landing page. When the viewers are directed to the page which eases for them to take action, it significantly boosts the efficiency of digital marketing.
How to make Landing Page more effective:
Below mentioned are some of the essential elements of a good landing page that will enable you to get the most out of it:
- Restrict Navigation: Once you have managed to direct the targeted audience to a page, try not to have too many links that might distract them and navigate them to another page. This helps in holding the attention of the users on the content you are offering.
- Deliver Value: It is of utmost importance that the product or service that you are offering is of value. It will compel the viewer to drop their details in exchange for your offerings. A landing page should illustrate through its content the product and service that you are offering. The viewers should be able to view the materials that they are going to receive by just having a glimpse at the landing page.
- Keep it concise: The landing page and form should be kept short so that it does not become too complicated for the visitor to understand it, it should be kept concise and simple so that the customer does not lose their interest.
- Persistent in your testing: The landing page should undergo regular testing and continuous improvement. You should also have a landing page creation tool that will assist in the creation and testing of various landing pages to choose from, which is best for your business.
Types of landing pages:
There are two types of landing pages that include:
- Lead Generation Landing Pages: This type of landing page does not promote any product or service. These pages try to collect information about the visitor like contact details with the help of a form. Such type of pages are used by B2B businesses to build data of the prospective customers. It is a strategy to influence the visitors by making them come closer to the company.
- Click through Landing Pages: This page are built solely for selling of a product or service. It is wholly dedicated towards sale or subscription of a product or service.
How to use a landing page to develop a better relationship with customers?
eBooks and Whitepapers: If the company writes ebooks and whitepapers, it could use blogs to highlight some of the essential points inside them. It briefly introduces the audience to the content and intrigues them to go through the entire post. The readers can be offered to download the full ebook by providing their personal information after filling the form in the landing page.
Email Newsletter Subscription: Blogs can be used not only for search engine optimization (SEO) but also can be used as a landing page. Viewers could be asked to subscribe if they like the offered content. This will give you information about them and will assist in building an audience base.
Application Download: Today, every person has a smartphone with them. Therefore, it is the most convenient time to have an app for the website. A landing page should allow users to download the app directly from the page conveniently.
Product Trail: A landing page should let the viewers use the demo version of the product. They can download the demo version and use once they provide their personal details. It most likely that the user will purchase the full version if they liked using the demo.
How to Make Landing Page Generate More Leads?
- Know the audience: Before creating a landing page, you must know who your target audience are? What are their buying patterns? What are their preferences? For example, if a customer has a budget constraint, the landing page should stress the value. Offering a discount on the product or service will entice to go for the offer.
- Check how the visitors navigate: Keeping an eye on how users navigate through the landing page could provide useful insights. A user could face difficulty in filling up the form, which would indicate that you need to make the page more simpler and user-friendly. For example, using heatmaps will provide information that will help in better understanding of the customers
- Conducting A/B test: Decisions backed by the knowledge and data will help in eliminating the flaws in the landing page. For this purpose running of A/B tests will provide insights that will result in a better-designed landing page.
- Adding Thank-You Page: Always advance gratitude towards the customers whenever they convert on your page. It also lets them know that they have completed the actions they need to perform.
Conclusion: Landing pages are vital for generating leads. They direct a target audience to a page which increases the likelihood of them buying that product or service. Without landing page, it will be hard to narrow down your audience. After you are contented that you have created a useful landing page, share the link through social media or emails.ibux.in